Thursday, December 20, 2012

2012: On Its Way Out

Ah, Christmas... the year is coming to a close. 2012 has been a magical blur.

I started off my year convalescing from throat surgery. All is well, so don't worry. One magnificent thing about having surgery was it slowed me down enough that I had time to get back to my book. The book I'd abandoned sixteen months before, leaving it in the hard drive of my desktop, gathering all the proverbial dust.

So, as I sat my sickly ass in bed, I decided to see if I could hammer out a few more pages in my novel. Low and behold, here I am in December, ten pounds heavier and a full MS later, querying agents. Fan-freakin'-tastic!


The floors are a little dirty. Closets didn't get cleaned out - at all - this year. Plus, after a full year of neglect, my attic is a virtual hell hole - nothing can be found without large amounts of effort and two burly guys to move crap outta the way. So, even though 2012 was largely spent doing 'nothing' around my house, I am thrilled with how my year has turned out. Well, except those ten pounds... *note to self: get ass off chair long enough to walk a little each day.*

So this coming year I have some resolutions... yes, the dreaded, often abandoned resolutions...

Number One. I will lose the ten pounds I gained. No if, ands, or 'butts' about it.

Number Two. I will find my perfect agent... s/he will LOVE DEVASTATION as much as I do and will be thrilled at the prospect of pitching it to all the editors of all the presses.

I know, I should probably have a number three involving closets and attics, but... well... No. Just. No.

I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing with both of my resolutions as 2013 progresses.

Side Note: Another wonderful thing to come about this year was that I've met an amazing group of people through Twitter (if you're not on it, you should be). A few of us have come together to form a CP (critique partner) group call The Off Beats, not to be confused with The Beat Offs *side eyes at Lizzie*. This group of women authors have become my support group for all things, writing related or not. I'll be doing a post about The Off Beats soon, introducing each awesome member.

So, how was your year? Are you satisfied with the way things are wrapping up? Any resolutions for 2013? Remember, you're more likely to accomplish your goals when you tell people about them. Leave comments, share advice with other on how to reach their objectives, or tell us what your aspirations are (making them real and more attainable). I can't wait to hear from you and cheer you on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! I hope you've enjoyed the blog.